Ensures that the IT and Telephony environments within the VHT Lab are sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supports the processes, physical resources, and operators required for developing, integrating, operating, and sustaining both our development and validation efforts for software releases.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Administer, install, upgrade and support local IT systems and their operational components such as hardware, software and configuration insuring best operational and technical practices and following procedures within the Infrastructure IT team.
- Administer, install, upgrade and support Telephony systems and their operational components such as hardware, software and configuration, insuring best operational and technical practices and following procedures within the Infrastructure IT team.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends for both network and Telephony environments.
- Coordinates and works on multiple initiatives and projects.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex hardware, software and connectivity problems as it relates to both network and Telephony related systems.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability. This includes items for the network as well as Telephony environments.
- Works with project teams to understand business and high level technical needs.
- Works with developers & engineers to understand in-depth technical and telephony requirements.
- Participates in business requirements meetings as needed.
- Integrates Telephony solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for network and Telephony infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management, hot fixes, and upgrades.
- Must have competent analytical skills. You must be able to structure and analyze data to evaluate network performance, system performance, and how changes to the environment will affect the overall organizational IT infrastructure.
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Effective delivery of infrastructure projects including hardware and software upgrades, infrastructure refresh and deployments.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years plus experience gained in similar infrastructure engineering roles.
- Solid technical background in environments including; infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Background in one or several of the following Telephony environments is preferred: Avaya Aura (using Communication Manager or Call Server), Genesys PureEngage, Genesys PureConnect, Cisco UCCE, and Cisco UCCX.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Strong virtualization experience using, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Window servers.
- Strong Knowledge of Linux (specifically CentOS, RedHat, and Ubuntu)
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors.
- Professional Certifications are a plus.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in VHT infrastructure role.
- 5+ years’ experience gained in similar infrastructure engineering roles (external candidate).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, a plus.
There could be some additional hour’s dependent upon the circumstances that arise within the infrastructure. This includes both premise work as well as interacting with Overseas partners.
Able to lift 50Lbs.
This job will directly report to the Manager of Lab & Infrastructure Services.
Job Type: Full-time