Responsible for performing technical level duties related to the installation, repair, and support of Xyples LLC and it's customer's technology; provide technical support functions for computer users; monitors network troubleshoots problems and provides system maintenance services.
- Provides technical support, training, and assistance to staff in Xyples LLC and it's customers on existing personal computer hardware and software applications; analyzes problems and implements solutions according to Department procedures; instructs users in the use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Responds to calls for assistance; performs computer trouble-shooting to diagnose operating problems; analyzes personal computer and peripherals' functionality; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority; documents call records and results.
- Confers with departmental to determine information system needs; researches vendor hardware and software options; ensures that potential acquisitions coordinate with existing hardware, software, and systems.
- Monitors network environment; resolves configuration and connectivity issues, and other traffic, security and access problems. Monitors, repairs and maintains network infrastructure components; trouble-shoots network to diagnose system problems; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority.
- Installs configures and maintains networking equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, and WAN connectivity devices.
- Ensures network integrity and security are maintained. Installs and configures software upgrades, file sharing, and domain security protocols.
- Maintains accurate reports of malfunctions; provides referrals to supervisor when problems occur which are beyond the proficiency of the Technician; tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
- Maintains and updates computer systems; installs software upgrades, enhancements, and revised functions; documents work performed.
- Detects and corrects hardware and software errors.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Represents the Xyples LLC with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of experience installing and troubleshooting personal computer and network hardware and software in an enterprise/business environment; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Associate's Degree or higher in computer science, Information Systems, or related program of study is highly desirable.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Local area network hardware and software capabilities and installation techniques.
- Documentation and user instruction methods and techniques.
- Standard personal computer system hardware and business application software operating capabilities and limitations.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, office automation and/or standard report generation.
- Selection and installation of the personal computer and network hardware and software.
- Enterprise-level experience in a Windows network environment.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment; record-keeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software, network and mainframe gateway hardware and software.
- Analyzing user needs and evaluating and recommending appropriate hardware and software purchases.
- Using and instructing others in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting and correcting computer hardware and software problems.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Preparing clear and concise documentation, user instructions, reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Environment: Fast pace
- Environment: Collaborative but competitive
- Required Skill: Fast typing
- Required Skill: Flexible to change
- Required Skill: Love using and working computers and modern technology all-day
- Required Skill: Can work alone on projects and independent
- Required Skill: Provide daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Required Skill: On-time to work
- Required Skill: On-time to meetings
- Required Skill: Like daily technology training
- Required Skill: Good in mathematics
- Required Skill: Good in English
- Required Skill: Good in writing
- Required Skill: Organized and good at time-management
- Required Skill: Knows how to work with emails
- Required Skill: Knows how to search on Google or other search engines
- Required Skill: PowerPoint presentation
- Required Skill: Microsoft word
- Required Skill: Microsoft excel
- Required Skill: Great communicator
- Required Skill: Listens and follow instruction from manager
- Required Skill: Not argumentative
- Must be willing to live in an SBA HUBZone area
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in the typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and radio systems. Works are subject to exposure to electrical currents.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Salary: $16.03 to $22.76 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Computer Repair: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance