Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
Ensures business needs are being met
Leads system design process and solution development
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides direction and coordination between large projects and the technical execution plan
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Troubleshoots and leads the development and implementation of production solutions
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in computer programming, software development or related field OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 computer programming, software development or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
3 years experience with product and platform performance tuning.
3 years experience with product and technical architecture roadmap development and implementation.
5 years experience writing complex stored procedures, policies, or related procedures.
5 years writing technical design documents.
- Big Data Experience preferred (SCALA, Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig, MapReduce, Kafka)
- DBMS experience surrounding Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
- Extensive Java programming experience preferred.
- Experience in agile delivery, especially Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban as well as DevOps.
- Demonstrated success in distributed systems, especially REST based services
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like Couchbase, Cassandra or Hbase
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.