Responsible for design, validation and product support of interconnection components under the control of the Carlisle IT Component Division. Position involves concept definition, creation of CAD modeling and drawings. Interact with vendor and customer base. Provide product support to Carlisle IT Sales, Engineering and Production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design electrical interconnection components or system of components with the responsibility of developing new technologies or improve existing products resulting in reduced costs, superior performance and optimal design for manufacturability.
- Develop 3D models and 2D drawings of new designs.
- Maintain drawing configuration control of existing and in-process drawings.
- Participate in customer design reviews and problem-solving sessions. Provide support to Sales and/or Application Engineer when necessary.
- Investigate and correct product design-related issues and document findings. Perform corrective and improvement changes as necessary.
- Investigate and verify compliance of designs to customer and industry specifications.
- Complete and maintain Carlisle IT Design/Development Plan Form for all new designs and major changes to existing designs.
- Provide technical support to vendor base as necessary and participate in vendor selection and quality meetings as necessary. Coordinate design activity with vendor base to ensure designs are optimized for cost control and manufacturability.
- Research and analyze industry specifications, standards and customer design proposals to determine feasibility, cost and manufacturability of new conceptual designs.
- Develop testing requirements and participate in testing as necessary to ensure compliance to all regulatory, industry and customer requirements.
- Provide product support for component designs to Carlisle IT Engineering, Sales and manufacturing as necessary.
- Assist Engineering Manager in development of technical proposals and cost estimates in support of new business.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational courses, trade publications, industry workshops, trade shows and membership in professional trade organizations.
- Other duties may be assigned•
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Combined sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks. Manual dexterity used frequently with repetitive finger motion. Reaching or stretching on an occasional basis. Hearing and speaking required frequently. Specific vision abilities include close vision and able to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Up to 25% both domestic and international
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient with one of the flowing CAD software
- SolidWorks (Preferred)
- AutoCAD Inventor
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both oral and written form and presentation
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Hold Design Reviews and maintain a history file
- Strong comprehension of general drafting practices
- Basic Working knowledge of board-level system architecture
- Professional appearance and attitude. Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a high pace and responsive environment
- Possess a sense of urgency to customer expectations
- Complete daily tasks proficiently with little to no supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3 years' experience in RF product or cable assembly design preferred.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled