Job ID 56355
Position Location US-FL-Hudson
Facility Name Bayonet Point, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category Business Development
Position Status PT (Part Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Care Liaison/Nurse Liaison, the primary purpose of your job position is to manage the facility census by opening and maintaining the accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, which generate patient referrals and admissions.
As Business Development Representative, you are responsible for managing the facility census by opening and maintaining accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, which generate patient referrals and admissions. Supervises the Admissions Coordinator when applicable. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves facility census goals and annual budget projections.
- External Sales & Marketing of facility
- Serve as liaison between the company and the outside community.
- Works with local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage referral activities.
- Participates in industry trade shows and business development activities, as assigned.
- Develops strategies to maximize admissions including daily contact with potential referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
- Conducts admission screening of potential patients, determine level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as needed
- Manages Marketing meeting with appropriate staff
- Decides acceptance of patients and coordinates admissions with appropriate staff, as indicated
- Notifies Regional Vice President of Admissions prior to denial of any patient.
- Promotes Consulate Health Care and participates in contract closings and price negotiations with insurance companies, as assigned as assigned with appropriate staff
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement.
- Collects appropriate data, prepares and submits required reports to Regional Vice President of Admissions as assigned with copies of reports to Executive Director.
- Maintains effective communication with Consulate Health Care personnel, as assigned.
- Attends and participates in weekly admissions/operations meetings, as assigned by Regional Vice President of Admissions.
- Participates in the facility quality improvement process by identifying customer service issues and reporting these issues to the Executive Director.
- Accesses continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities as approved by Regional Vice President of Admissions.
- Adheres to all Consulate Health Care Policies and Procedures, and participates in safety, quality improvement and infection control programs as assigned.
- Conducts tours of facility for prospective residents whether walk-ins or scheduled admissions.
- Responsible for overall Business Development for facility in partnership with Director of Admissions
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Nursing degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in business development, prefer in Health care setting
- Experience working independently.
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
24-hour skilled nursing care
Comprehensive post-acute care
Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
"Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
Alzheimer's and dementia care
Care for medically-complex patients