This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI.
Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The Manager of Program Management provides expert leadership in coordinating, facilitating, motivating, and directing efforts of program and project managers and ensures efficient use of company resources. Supports, coaches, and mentors staff taking an active role in the technical and career development of subordinates. Develops and maintains processes and tools to enhance the product development plan. Monitors program status to objectives and provides direction to correct unfavorable variances.
Ensures customer and Company requirements are met including cost, quality, timing, and other related aspects of all programs. Performs other duties as necessary and supervises and/or provides work direction to other staff. Work is performed under minimal supervision and work direction. Functioning as a highly competent professional, work requires independent problem solving and decision making with broad guidance provided on overall company objectives and specific guidance on program level complexities.
Work is complex, broad, difficult in character, and requires responsibility for all aspects of assigned. Decisions involve substantial risk to the organization with potential for long-lasting results.
- Ensure appropriate planning for all programs to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and company requirements.
- Provides expert leadership in coordinating, facilitating, motivating, and directing program management efforts within the company
- Establishes and communicates the Corporate & Division deliverable requirements with respect to timing, quality and completeness
- Monitors and tracks progress for all programs
- Leads regular reviews with executive management
- Direct oversight of Program Management team
- Facilities executive-level interaction with Customer and serves as the first tier for escalation of internal and customer issues
- Ensures efficient use and allocation of program management resources
- Works with internal and external resources to maintain strong customer relationships with dedication to customer program schedules
- Develop and refine program management tools to further improve the product development process
- Report on group KPI to senior management and the broader organization
- Direct the efforts of product steering committees, ensuring adherence to the product development process for all program and project managers
- Develop and manage to budgets as they pertain to program management activities within the organization
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills to prioritize and coordinate the efforts of the program management team
- Leadership abilities in managing multiple program managers to meet group goals (i.e. successful program launch)
Develop long-term organizational strategies/plans to meet future business needs and growth opportunities
PLEASE NOTE THIS A CONTRACT POSITION ONLY:
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field
- 5+ years related experience in program management with prior project team management responsibility; exposure to both product engineering and manufacturing operations; Work history should demonstrate problem solving and business decision making ability