Full Job Description
- J.D. and admitted to at least one state bar
- 5+ years of experience specifically in the context of supporting commercial item sales to U.S. federal government customers
- Strong transactional and technology licensing experience
- Deep substantive knowledge of U.S. federal government contracting laws, rules, and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency supplements
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented public sector lawyer to support Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Amazon.com businesses selling to U.S. public sector customers. AWS is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. This Corporate Counsel will support AWS's public sector sales team, negotiating technology licensing agreements with U.S. federal civilian agencies, public government-sponsored enterprises and banks, financial regulatory customers, and non-governmental organizations, as well as systems integrators and resellers selling to such customers. The role includes participating in other Amazon.com legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing relationships, developing and implementing compliance training, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
- In-house experience at a technology company or in a private technology group
- A background in software licensing (including open source), web services/cloud computing or telecommunications is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and drafting commercial item technology licensing contracts with United States federal civilian agencies and other public sector entities, both direct and through systems integrators or resellers, is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.