Diet Technician - OPT - Days - Neonatal Nursery ICU - INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
(Job Number: 711873)
Job Code: 6309
The Diet Technician is responsible for documenting diet history, food preferences, and food intolerance of all patients on modified diets. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Diet Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Obtains and documents patient diet history, food preferences and food intolerance using clinical software
* Documents information on food preferences and food intolerance on kardex within 24 hours of admission
* Coordinates and plans patient meals using the appropriate and accurate meal pattern within the ADA approved diet manual
* Completes calculation of tube feeding after receiving written order from the Nursing Unit; confirms new tube feeding orders
* Prepares production orders of modified diets for the following day
The Diet Technician reports to the Manager of Food & Clinical Nutrition.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Hazards and adverse working conditions are minimal if standard precautions are used when necessary.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 2 years of formal education or training beyond high school (Associates degree, certified dietary manager program, or dietary technician registration)
* 1 year previous Food and Nutrition Services experience preferred
* Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Nutrition software