Microsoft - Electrical Engineer for Thermals
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is huge and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world!! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful datacenters, have profound impact to our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices team is working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device architypes and AI technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data. We're looking for a fast learning, self-motivated, creative, adaptive, tech savvy Electrical Engineer with a strong background in thermals. In this role, you will work with talented engineers from multiple disciplines to design and develop perception AI-based edge devices through all phases of their product development cycles. You’ll be exposed to novel technologies in AI, IoT and cloud. You will work closely with our ecosystem partners to scale the deployment of these devices globally demonstrating significant positive impact to society. This is an unparalleled opportunity to define and build the next generation of intelligent edge devices, create and learn new technologies and have a positive social impact by empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
·BSc or higher degree in Electrical Engineering
·Familiarity with schematic design and multi-layer PCB layout strategy with a good sense of power integrity.
· Familiarity with DC power architecture and circuit design for x86 and ARM systems including battery charger, USB, PoE, DC/DC and LDO.
- Familiarity with PCB level thermal management and protection mechanism designs.
- Familiarity with PCB level thermal and power performance validation.
- Knowledge of product level thermal management and protection strategies.
·A minimum of 7 years’ professional electrical and power engineering experience of electronics hardware for products and solutions deployed in high-volume commercial and/or consumer applications.
- Rich experience with x86 and ARM SoC power architecture designs with a proven ability to build the whole power system from the ground up exhibiting excellent cost, power efficiency and thermal performance.
- Experience with thermal management mechanisms at the system level. Can design the thermal circuit and the control/management flow based on system requirements.
- Ability to seamlessly work in a team with mechanical and other electrical engineers to incorporate thermal management into new and existing products.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools such as Solidworks/ProE/NX and thermal simulation tools such as FloTHERM.
- Hands-on experience using PCB level power and thermal simulation tools such as Sigrity and Hyperlynx to validate power and thermal performance prior to PCB manufacturing.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $80.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)