TerraMai seeks a sales professional with strong people skills to help increase revenue in National Accounts. TerraMai works with top architects, designers and builders nationwide on high-profile projects for clients like Google, REI, McDonald’s, Marriott, the City of New York, Disney, Hyatt and hundreds more.
An ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, a desire to learn and grow, an aspiration to succeed, an interest in products and design and overall strong business instincts. This position is much more than a conventional sales job. It involves technical and creative client consulting with high-level professionals across a range of industries – from corporate executives at brand name companies to architects and designers at leading firms nationwide, as well as contractors, subcontractors, fabricators, purchasing groups and more.
This position also involves marketing outreach campaigns and complex project management duties. The ability to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of clients and colleagues is key. The opportunity for career advancement and diversification exists for individuals who thrive.
Key Performance Factors
- Ability to create and close opportunities – from outreach, to transaction, to repeat business
- Strong people skills – ability to listen, intuit, understand and prioritize diverse client needs across all aspects of a project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to instill confidence in clients that you understand their needs and can provide solutions that leverage TerraMai’s unique strengths
- Must be coachable and resilient (the learning curve is long and steep involving the technical and aesthetic characteristics of reclaimed wood; the sourcing, processing, milling and finishing of reclaimed wood; knowledge of the architecture, design and construction industries; awareness of design principles and trends; and a holistic understanding of TerraMai’s unique brand position, products, systems and processes)
- Ability to remain poised and positive in a sometimes-hectic environment dealing with high-profile, high-pressure projects that can involve a wide range of stake-holders
- Desire to live and work in a smaller community that offers a stellar quality of life while also working directly with some of the largest, most exciting companies and projects on the planet
Education / Qualifications / Background
- Note: If you feel you are a great fit for this position but are lacking in any of the below qualifications, you may still apply
- Four-year college degree
- Five-years sales experience
- Marketing experience a plus
- Knowledge of the design and construction industries a plus
- Knowledge of wood products a plus
- An affinity for design a plus
- An interest in sustainability and wellness a plus (e.g. LEED, WELL and related certification programs)
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)