A busy Broward County Law Firm is hiring a Litigation Paralegal to join our team. This is an excellent career opportunity to be part of a firm that provides the highest quality and superior representation.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities:
· Manage calendar for Attorney(s);
· Process Court Documents;
· Journal deadlines for responses and monitor for timeliness;
· File Documents in State and Federal Court;
· Send Out/ Follow up with Service of Process;
· Hire Court Reporters;
· Communicate with Clients and with Opposing Counsel;
· Provide Client Status Updates - Relative to Respective File(s);
· Potential New Client Follow up;
· Draft Legal Documents, Motions and Discovery;
· Investigate facts as requested by Attorney(s);
· Conduct Legal Research;
· Process Settlement Statements;
· Preparation of Appendices and Table of Citations and Authorities for Appellate Briefs.
Education: high-school diploma or equivalent.
Paralegal Certificate a Plus, but not required.
Experience: 2-3 years working in a civil litigation law firm, knowledge of complex civil litigation is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Strong problem solving skills excellent organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Must possess EXCEPTIONAL client service skills.
Candidate must be technologically savvy, very comfortable using process management systems and fully and effectively utilizes available technology and automation.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
All responses should be accompanied with a resume and salary requirements.
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour