Full Job Description
Entry Level Imaging Technician
Experience and/or level of competency: 1 year related experience and/or training. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of medical of equipment.
Academic Preparation: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school
Provides and documents, under supervision, preventive, predictive, metered, interval-based and corrective maintenance on biomedical equipment. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
1. Performs biomedical equipment repairs and tests on all new and repaired equipment prior to being put into service. All repairs and tests shall be documented.
2. Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance and electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment to maintain code compliance. Responsible for documenting the results of all inspections, maintenance and tests.
3. Assists in training of all hospital staff in the safe use of biomedical equipment.
4. Assists in maintaining the records of all equipment handled by the Biomedical Engineering department.
5. Provides technical support on new and replaced biomedical equipment.
6. Responsible for keeping current on new developments in biomedical equipment and systems.
7. Maintains compliance with CIHQ, federal, state and local standards and regulations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Related Biomedical: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma