NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED!! ONLINE RESUMES ONLY!
Warehouse Material Handler/Mechanic
Deer Park Warehouse
Deer Park Warehouse Material Handler
405 Deerwood Glen
Deer Park, TX 77536
Assignment Category: Contract
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Level Required: High School Diploma /GED
Travel Required: No
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse/assembly/repair of pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, and mechanical tooling.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; inventory, pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Computer skills necessary as part of inventory process.
- Mechanical ability in the assembly/disassembly/testing of tooling.
- Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School or GED required.
- Prior knowledge of basic tooling
- Self -motivated with strong customer satisfaction and service focus, with good organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical skills primarily for the assembly/disassembly/repair of various tooling.
- OSHA 10 (to be provided).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- TWIC a plus
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and Basic PC
- Ship DOT/IATA regulated items a plus
- Automotive/ Mechanic a plus
- Experience with hydraulic/pneumatic/electric tooling a plus
- Military experience a plus
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- material handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: