This individual will support and assist in the booking of Cafe group sales while contributing to marketing initiatives ensuring that the business is financially successful and that it represents our brand identity in its entirety, therefore positively impacting our global operation.
- Handling group inquiries with adequate response time.
- Follow-Up of proposals, phone calls and inquiries.
- Re-Book groups with repeat potential.
- Establish and maintain successful Guest Referral program.
- Involvement and visibility in local hospitality industry when needed.
- Maintain files.
- Servicing of booked groups.
- Updating Cafe Website, Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media accounts.
- Attend meetings with S&M Manager as requested to communicate groups and events.
- Work and maintain relationships with Cafe partners.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years of promotional marketing, advertising, public relations and/or hospitality sales.
- Hospitality experience.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent reading and writing.
- Comprehend professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a must, fluency in English is required.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Technical skill set to drive the business toward success.
- Strong organizational, presentation and priority setting skills.
- Applicable sales tracking software experience is required.
- Ability to determine availability based on booking guidelines.
- Ability to work independently while ensuring that Managers and/or clients posses the pertinent information for the execution of a successful event.
- Ability to obtain groups by utilizing search engines and printed matter.
- Composure during stressful events.
- Presentation of a professional image to guests, clients, and potential function coordinators.
- Possession of a take charge attitude tempered with diplomacy.
- Flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends.
- Adherence to health/safety, food safety and alcohol consumption regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Sales Assistant: 2 years (Required)