Under the Head Football Coach, the Director of Football Operations is responsible for the direction and administration of activities for the Hornet football program. The incumbent will serve as the liaison to Athletics administration for all aspects of recruiting, student-athlete academic eligibility, football travel, compliance, budget, facilities, and youth summer camps. They will be responsible for the organization and administration of appropriate pre-season, season and post-season programs necessary to build affinity for Hornet football, enhance the student-athlete experience and ensure a quality football program. The incumbent will perform all duties within the guidelines, policies, and regulations of University, NCAA, Conference, and Intercollegiate Athletics and be responsible for reporting any non-compliant activity to the appropriate entity.
FLSA MPP - This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is exempt from overtime provisions of FLSA. This position is covered by health benefits.
Classification Salary Range
$2,502 – $9,083 monthly
Salary Grade/Range 1
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent? No
Regular or Temporary Regular
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Pay Plan 12
Work Hours Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm with frequent need to work outside of these hours.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities
2. Minimum one year of related football experience (administration, program management, playing, operations, and/or coaching).
3. Experience coordinating team travel.
4. Experience with budget management.
5. Experience assisting with on-campus recruiting activities.
6. Experience fundraising, attending events and organizing funding-related activities.
7. Knowledgeable about the Big Sky Conference and NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) rules and regulations especially concerning football.
8. Strong organizational skills with the ability to consistently, meet deadlines.
9. Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present a positive image.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a diverse work environment and in the community.
11. Ability to organize and motivate student-athletes to maximize performance level in sports and academics/
12. Ability to troubleshoot complex and/or unique problems and independently develop creative and timely solutions.
13. Ability to adhere to organizational policies, procedure, rules and regulations.
14. Has demonstrated integrity and has followed and will continue to follow NCAA and university rules and regulations.
Work Schedule Requirements:
15. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
16. Ability to travel.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to complete a successful background check.
17. Three or more years of experience in athletics operations or event management.
18. Experience working in Professional or Division I football operations.
19. Experience in public relations.
20. Office management experience
21. Ability to independently manage multiple tasks to bring projects from beginning to on-time completion.
22. Experience using ARMS or similar Compliance software.
Valid driver’s license and maintenance of safe driving record.
Is Background Check Required Yes
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
Hiring Preference Not Applicable
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.