Crest Foods, Inc. dba Nestle Toll House Café by Chip is seeking a Director of Accounting and HR in the Richardson, TX office to be responsible for managing accounting department and preform HR functions on a full-time basis. Key responsibilities include the following:
Essential Accounting Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all general accounting and control activities, including accounts payable, payroll, G/L accounting, month-end close and cost accounting
- Document, implement and monitor best in class operating procedures and controls
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial data, in accordance with GAAP, to the CEO and heads of other departments.
- Analyze financial results and provide expertise including solutions for areas for improvement or weaknesses, details on any issues that have occurred, any challenges and the variance analysis for YTD and Week over Week, Period over Period
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage external audit and tax compliance
- Ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality within the organization and exhibit the highest degree of personal and professional integrity
- Oversees accounts payable coordinator by reviewing her work including reviewing invoices for accuracy, ensuring proper coding, discounts are taken for timely payments and invoices are paid timely and correctly imported into QuickBooks. Ensure that all bank accounts, credit cards, fund accounts and construction accounts are properly reconciled.
- Oversee senior royalty accountant who processes royalties weekly, ensure that the company collects on unpaid royalties, that unpaid royalties are adequately tracked, ensure that income is correctly entered into QuickBooks. Ensure that royalty accountant processes reports timely to operational team regarding the trends of the franchise sales.
- Calculate and process franchise sales and area rep commissions.
- Manage books for sister company and oversee international senior accountant who processes royalty invoices, collects on invoices with constant follow up for late payers, reconciles international bank accounts, post all payments received in CRM system (FranConnect) as well as QuickBooks and calculates and processes international area rep commissions.
- Manage other accounting areas including Notes Receivables, Marketing Fund, Accruals, Deferrals, Cash Flow, and similar
- Manage accounting staff
- Work with other departments on special projects, as needed
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Human Resources Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll bi-weekly for 20+ employees via ADP TotalSource.
- Manage benefits programs
- Posting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for open positions
- Manage employee onboarding, orientation, exit processes, and document completion
- Determine the human capital plans required to deliver the function’s strategic and operational goals, including recruiting, development, engagement and annual talent assessment processes.
- Manage employee relations
- Lead key HR processes and initiatives, leveraging and partnering with CEO.
- Oversee the finance talent agenda and budget, ensuring that individuals, teams and the organization have the career and capability development required for current and future success.
- Develops and implements policies and practices that improve the company’s ability to recruit, develop, and retain talent.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar field.
- 7+ years of experience in an Accounting Management role
- A minimum of five years’ experience in managing clerical staff
- A minimum of three years’ experience in HR Management role
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and develop positive cross-functional working relationships
- A strong leadership aptitude; ability to mentor talent and foster career development
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of general ledger: proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Good judgment and self-motivation
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Concur, FranConnect, QuickBooks Online, and ADP Total source
We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as, STD, LTD, 401k matching, profit sharing, paid vacation days, and work-life balance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Managing Clerical Staff: 5 years (Required)
- Managing Accounting Department: 7 years (Required)