Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the way information can be collected, transformed, reported and visualized? In our increasingly connected world, massive amounts of data open up new insights and possibilities. As a Business Analytics Specialist you can turn complex data sets into useful information to give insight about local and global information.
We have the opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve a Navy Command. You will work closely with your client and customers to develop and understand their questions and needs in a data rich environment, then deliver polished analytical products to inform their business model. You will develop aggregated data sets, metrics, visualizations, forecasts, and statistical models that turn raw data into objective answers to help leaders make informed decisions. You will help the client and customers develop a deep understanding of their data, provide guidance to statistical techniques, and interpret results in a meaningful way.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with one or more of the following: VBA, R, Python, or SQL
- Experience with developing repeatable and accurate reports and visuals for stakeholders that are easily consumed
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with using an enterprise data warehouse for generating custom reports
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques and machine learning
- Experience with one or more statistical analytical programming languages, including Python or R
- Experience with source control and dependency management software, including Git or Maven
- Experience with using relational databases, including MySQL
- Experience with identifying analytic insight in data, developing visualizations, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms and their designs, capabilities, and limitations
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Ability to be innovate and generate out-of-the-box solutions, think strategically and creatively, and present results to executive-level leadership
- Ability to build complex extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) pipelines to clean and fuse data together
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field preferred; MA or MS degree a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.