Arkansas Repertory Theatre Business Manager Position Overview, January 2019**
Member of Senior Staff, reports to Executive Artistic Director, staffs Board Finance and Facilities Committees. Supervises part-time Business Associate(s), part-time Rentals Manager, and part-time/volunteer Front of House staff. Hire date is flexible depending on candidate. Theatre experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Areas of Responsibility:
- The Rep has a contract with an external contractor to handle many aspects of budgeting, accounting, bookkeeping, financial analysis, and payroll. The Business Manager will manage this relationship, providing all necessary internal information and monitoring output.
- Approve all company expenses
- Working with all department heads, the Executive Artistic Director, and contractor, help create The Rep’s annual operating budget/projections and monitor adherence to it
- Collaborate with contractor on audit and tax-related matters
- Oversee all other miscellaneous financial activities (e.g., non-payroll accounts payable/receivable, banking/lendor relationships and account management)
- Provide all financial/organizational information for grants and industry organizations
- Report on financial matters to the Board of Directors and applicable sub-committees
Facilities/Front of House
- Supervise Front of House Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, and volunteer ushers/concessions staff. Oversee/assist with all FOH activities (e.g., concessions & supplies)
- Maintain centralized facilities calendar, in conjunction with Production Manager
- In conjunction with Company Manager and Facilities Manager, maintain multiple properties for parking, actor/staff housing, and additional programmatic use; managing landlord relationships and leases.
- Manage all third-party facility rentals, including contracts & event staffing/logistics. Supervise part-time Rentals Manager facilitating short-term rentals of unused housing space.
- Administrate employee health/benefits program and serve as 401K trustee
- Working with department heads, supervise recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of all non-artistic employees
- Maintain employee handbook and regularly update descriptions of all roles
- Manage all company insurance policies and relationships with brokers
- Manage all legal matters and relationships with company counsel
- Maintain relationship with external IT service provider and serve as primary internal contact for all IT-related matters
- Manage all internal systems contracts (e.g., Theatre Manager ticketing/database software) and maintain usage expertise
- Maintain phone systems, office machinery & supplies
- Manage company’s media subscriptions and industry organization memberships
**The Arkansas Rep is undergoing a significant organizational transition. The above represents our best current thinking for the role of the incoming Business Manager, but we fully expect this role to evolve and grow over the next 12-24 months.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)