Perform complicated and difficult software and systems design engineering assignments requiring a high degree of technical competence reflecting current state-of-the-art applications. Maintain full technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects for the design and development of computer systems hardware and software. Conceive and plan projects involving the assessment of basic architecture and current hardware limitations, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches, design, development, and implementation of non-routine major software engineering applications, the analysis and investigation of major software engineering project tasks, the definition of complex design specifications and parameters, development and application of major routines and utility programs, resolutions of difficult hardware and software compatibility and interface design considerations, and analysis of system architecture requirements and structures. Conduct independent technical investigations in software and systems design. Coordinate and consolidate design efforts on major projects. Prepare and design specifications, analysis, and recommendations for presentation and approval. Provide technical guidance to junior engineers and design support personnel.
- 5+ years of experience with system architecture and engineering, IT systems design, testing, IT COTS software, or hardware integration
- Experience with enterprise IT computing environments, including technologies, processes, and security
- Experience with designing and implementing development, test, and production environments
- Knowledge of current technology trends potentially for the application of current and emerging technology solutions to meet client requirements
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to obtain Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of agency or IC and IT infrastructures
- Possession of excellent team leadership, development, and client relationship skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills to successfully interact with clients, engineers, and managers
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.