GameStop Corp., a Fortune 500 company, is a global family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple. GameStop operates more than 7,200 stores across 14 countries. We are looking for the next generation of leaders, with a passion for video gaming/technology/pop culture who want to make a difference every day with their guests and their teams.
Working independently, the Store Leader directly influences the performance of everyone who interacts with guests and supports the store environment. Using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, the Circle of Life, the Store Leader ensures best-in-class guest service experiences for all of GameStop's guests. The Store Leader makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a GameStop store. This position supervises at least one Assistant Store Leader and five or more Game Advisors and Senior Game Advisors, which may vary based upon store size, location, and expected sales volume.
Under general supervision, the Assistant Store Leader supports the Store Leader in all facets of store operations. The principal business outcome for this position is to ensure that outstanding guest service experiences are provided using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, The Circle of Life. This includes ensuring the store is clean, well-organized, properly merchandised at all times, answering questions, and assisting with product selection, purchases, and returns. This position supervises Game Advisors and Senior Game Advisors in the absence of the Store Leader.
The Senior Guest Advisor provides outstanding guest service experiences using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, the Circle of Life. Working under general supervision, this position ensures products are easy to see and buy, shares product and gaming knowledge with guests, provides a clean, organized environment in which to shop, and creates guest loyalty and repeat business. This position will also assist the store management team in supervising store activities.
Job duties to include:
- Provide best-in- class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to and handle guest concerns quickly, effectively and courteously; align guest needs with GameStop product and benefit solutions; recommend additional items as appropriate; and ensure every guest is thanked for shopping at GameStop; ensure all store associates consistently provide best-in-class guest service
- Support the total shopping environment, including visual and operational elements, and the guest relationships that lead to sales and repeat business
- Recruit, hire, assess, develop, and retain people committed to outstanding guest service
- Schedule store associates to achieve optimum guest service levels, and delegate store tasks to ensure proper completion in an environment that puts the guest first
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to all store associates concerning performance, including daily coaching, conducting performance coaching discussions as appropriate, and writing and presenting annual performance appraisals
- Communicate clearly and regularly with store associates, other Store Leaders, the store support center, and multi-unit leaders to ensure that all GameStop store initiatives are implemented according to plan
- Protect company assets through effective inventory control and loss prevention practices
- Lead store associates in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals
- Ensure that all areas of the store are clean, organized, and merchandised per company guidelines and all store fixtures and equipment are in proper working order
- Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the POS system
- Manage all in-store merchandising activity and stock levels; communicate all shortages, record discrepancies and out of stock issues to the District Leader and Regional Loss Prevention Leader
- Ensure the sales floor is attended by a supervisor at all times, and the store always has a supervisory employee present
- Train store associates on all aspects of their jobs, including all company/store policies, procedures and guidelines
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate's or accredited Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred (for Store Manager role)
- Three or more years of retail sales, guest service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred (for Store Manager role)
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
- Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%) (for Store Manager role)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week (for Store Manager role)