We are looking for an assistant office engineer/document controls to support Project Manager in daily office and engineering in Oakland and San Francisco office for construction management services contracts for roads, bridges, highways, rail transit, water infrastructure and aviation projects. Candidate will requires to work at construction project sites as needed basis. This is a part time position with the experience in the following is required:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the engineering, construction or construction management field; Must be detail oriented with effective organization and coordination skills;
- Must have excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Preferred degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or engineering/architecture student
- Experience or willing to learn in project accounting and billings;
- Experienced in candidates/resumes shorting, telephonic candidate screening/interview, resume correction and submitting to client.
- Must have ability to interface and communicate effectively with others.
Scope of Work:
- Assist project managers in the preparation of response to qualification or proposal, and other general correspondence;
- Assist project manager in posting jobs, screening candidate, communication and hiring;
- Assist project manager in the project management, construction administration, processing of payment requests, change orders, submitting Requests for Information (RFIs);
- Assist project manager with meeting minutes, project status update entries, accounting, change order, RFI, and submittal logs;
- Maintain a project document filing system online;
- Attend construction meeting and prepare meeting minutes;
- Document Controller maintains all logs; Establish and maintain hard file system common to all projects
We will provide opportunity to learn Construction Scheduling, Quantity Take-off, Cost Estimating and Project Management to qualified candidate.
Qualified female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit resumes and expected Salary by email.
Candidate must have either green card or permit to work (US Citizen). No H1 visa sponsorship available.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Office Engineer/ Office Management: 1 year (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: