With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
The Material Handler II performs the physical tasks involved in order fulfillment involving picking and packing items with close supervision in the Distribution Center. Also performs job functions pertaining to shipping and receiving.
- Process shipping labels and BOLs using web based software for outbound orders and coordinating carrier pick ups.
- Process inbound POs, checking packing lists verifying correct product shipped, working with Procurement with vendor issues, stocking and posting inventory.
- Read pick ticket to determine location and quantity of items.
- Mark pick ticket with appropriate markings to show correct quantity and product have been picked / packed.
- Walk with a sense of urgency while picking orders which may involve industrial ladders.
- Packs product in appropriate size box for shipping and correctly to prevent damage.
- Process Shipping Label according to service level requested, load boxes.
- Coordinate LTL shipping
- Receive product by checking in items from Pre-receiving report, stocking, and posting items.
- Normally follows established procedures on troutine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to safety training given for operation in the Distribution Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years related experience
Additional Success Factors
- Ability to work on assigments that are semi-routine in nature but also recognize the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Work in a fast paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and managers.
- Good attention to detail.
- Quality Minded.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Walking / Standing during working hours
- Effectively and safely use an industrial ladder.
- Ability to work in a non climate controlled environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, communicate with other employees and to operate computer hardware systems.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, crouch and stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Investment in You
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.