The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in reporting technologies and the architecture, design, development and Administration of the Cognos BI Analytics tools set. (Cognos 10.2, Cognos 11). 5 years’ experience in the optimization of complex reporting solutions.
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to Cognos software.
- 5 years’ experience with Cognos Administrations, to include upgrades and system maintenance.
- Develop Complex Framework models for reporting
- Develop and maintain existing Cognos Reports and Dashboards using multiple tools including, but not limited to: Cognos Report Studio, SQL, Analysis and Active Reports.
- Leverage existing data sources and Framework Models
- Manage multiple ad hoc requests within tight time frames.
- Understand business processes, data requirements and data flows.
- Thoroughly understand technical reporting environment and business requirements.
- Design, code and implement the best solution for customer’s needs.
- Ability to recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis.
- Perform quality assurance and unit testing on deliverables and work products.
- Experience with other BI Tools (Power BI, Tableau)