Career Opportunities for Active Directory (AD) Operations Engineers/Technicians in support of NASA (Job Number:437930)
SAIC is looking for a varying levels of IT Systems AD Operations technicians to work in an enterprise Active Directory environment by performing and leading the 24x7 operational tasks required within a large AD infrastructure. Daily operational tasks include items such as creating/maintaining Organizational Units (OU’s), Schema Changes, Domain wide Group Policy Objects (GPO) changes, AD Federation Services (ADFS) integration, Domain Name System (DNS), user submitted incidents, along with providing troubleshooting support of AD integrated application managed by other organizations such as Exchange, Skype, OneDrive, SharePoint, or Office 365, etc., that are required to ensure that the AD services are available 24x7. The ideal candidate will have a strong AD background supporting domain controllers running Windows Server 2016 within a large diverse enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the NASA’s IT infrastructure along combined with strong troubleshooting skills within a complex IT infrastructure.
The candidate must have strong communications skills and may be asked to present complex technical details to a large diverse stakeholder community, such as documenting and presenting new configuration changes to a change control board (CCB). The candidate may be required to analyze business requirements and translate them into technology solutions by working with the AD engineering group.
The ideal candidate will have:
Preferred Technical Skills/Experience:
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Desired experience working in a fast paced environment with a career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
- Team Player with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The role requires interaction with different teams across the NASA Agency.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Able to work independently or within a support team with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Effective verbal, written communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to engage and escalate to the vendor for difficult or impactful issues.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to provide rotating on-call support.
- Continuous desire to learn new technologies and recommend improvements.
- Listening and negotiation skills.
Qualifications:BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with design and supporting enterprise services, such as large AD environments.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Storage; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. Hypervisor) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Knowledge of NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA), Group Policy Administrator (GPA), Change Guardian for Active Directory, and Sentinel are preferable.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably Microsoft Hypervisor technologies.
Minimum education and years of experience will vary depending on role and level. Some positions will require the following certifications:
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Ability to obtain a NASA Public Trust background investigation or equivalent clearance e.g. Secret Security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Jul 3, 2018, 4:22:05 PM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking: