The IT Systems Administrator for Person Centered Services provides technology expertise in the management and configuration of technology solutions. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining, configuring, troubleshooting, auditing and documenting the status of all enterprise solutions.
The position supports the technology needs of the organization to provide a robust, secure and reliable computing environment.
Education and Experience:
- Install, configure and maintain information systems identified by leadership
- Provide quality, consistent, and highly available computer service, support, training, and maintenance for all computer systems used throughout the company
- Execute data backup and disaster recovery plans
- Manage user accounts on all systems, ensuring rights and roles adhere to a methodology of ‘least necessary’
- Administer SharePoint environment using SharePoint Online.
- Create and manage user security and distribution groups on all information systems as needed
- Review audit and error logging on a regular basis and identify any abnormalities
- Document audit and alert systems for compliance purposes
- Audit and monitor network hardware including, but not limited to Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers, Wireless Access Points, Firewalls, Threat Prevention Appliances, and Anti-Malware devices
- Perform periodic information system activity reviews of information security processes including, where applicable, outside vendors
- Where necessary, work with third party IT vendors to implement, maintain and configure IT systems
- Maintain working knowledge of technology and industry trends. Make recommendations to the senior leadership team for new technology solutions or updates to existing tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or other related field required
- 5+ years of technology administration experience required
- Some healthcare or human service experience preferred
- Knowledge of industry best practices including (but not limited to) Rights and Roles management, Active Directory best practices
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and controls including HIPAA, HiTech and MCD
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, Google Enterprise, MaaS 360, Google Cloud Print, and other cloud solutions
- Management and development of Active Directory forests, Group Policies, Azure Active Directory, Azure Rights Management, Exchange Online, Multifactor Authentication, Intune and other Mobile Device Management solutions, and other systems as needed
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking standards including VLANs, subnetting, DNS, DHCP, and Routing Tables
- Knowledge of the I AM Assessment or other self-assessment platforms
- Knowledge of systems design practices
- Focus on results
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.