This is a part-time position (up to 29 hours a week) in the Public Services Division. This position provides support to the
streets and landfill sections by performing maintenance of the streets and sidewalks. This is an hourly, non-benefited position,
and the hours will vary week to week and may be limited. Joining the City as a laborer is an excellent opportunity to begin a
rewarding career in municipal maintenance.
What You Bring
- Education and training equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Knowledge about common tools and materials used in streets maintenance and basic repair and maintenance
procedures and practices.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid California Class C driver license.
- Six months of field maintenance or construction work, including some semi-skilled assignments is highly desirable.
Who You Are
- Safety oriented and aware of safe work practices.
- Can communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Enjoy establishing and maintaining positive working relationships and a team player.
- Have a can do attitude and a diligent worker.
- Passionate about public service and enjoy providing outstanding customer service to the community.
What You’ll Do
- Perform minor maintenance activities related to maintaining and repairing streets and sidewalks including sidewalk
grinding, pavement maintenance and sign manufacturing/installation.
- Use a variety of tools related to street maintenance.
- Learn to operate a variety of maintenance equipment.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Recognize and follow safe working conditions in all job duties performed.
- Drive a City truck.
- Limited to 29 hours per week
- Flexible shifts, Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Are You Ready? Apply.
Submit your application and resume online at www.calopps.org or to the Human Resources Division ;City of Mountain
View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309. Please provide a valid email address on your
Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis. This recruitment is subject to close at any time. The most
appropriately qualified candidates will be invited to a department interview with the Public Works Department staff.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early!
A pre-employment physical will be required. This position is covered by the Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations. Therefore, prior to final selection, qualifying candidates will be required to submit a DMV (within the last 90
days) report and pass a pre-employment medical evaluation. Candidates will not be assigned to a safety-sensitive position if
they do not pass the test.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should advise the Human
Resources Division upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. The City
of Mountain View is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Must have the physical ability to bend, pull, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully
complete an extensive pre-employment process, including a reference checks, DMV driving record printout, Department of Justice (DOJ)
fingerprint check, and a medical evaluation. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however,
failure to disclose a conviction will result in disqualification or termination.