LSC Communications is a $3.5B company with over 20,000 employees worldwide, serving the needs of Publishers, Merchandisers and Retailers with innovative product, service and technology offerings. In order to increase speed-to-market, reduce costs and improve efficiencies, LSC combines print, e-services, warehousing, fulfillment and supply chain management.
The Network Engineer will provide network engineering operational support and development for a broad range of network systems and environment including the full system engineering lifecycle, and requirements analysis: configure, test, evaluation, maintain, integration, test, and install. This individual will primarily be focused on network, voice and security technologies operational support and projects that impact cross-functional aspects of the enterprise. This position will also require the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of current and emerging networking security technologies, products and services to take LSC Communication to the next level in meeting and advancing business and financial goals.
- Implementing and supporting network engineering solutions of organization’s LAN, WAN, WLAN, SDWAN, Cloud, VoIP and Network Security focused infrastructure projects. Projects include coordinating the configuring, implementing and troubleshooting multi-vendor network security devices, cabling systems, bridges, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection, web content filters, VPN (client & net-to-net), network acceleration devices and other network related instrumentation.
- Providing network support in the design, integration, and deployment and troubleshooting of enterprise implementations. Liaise, coordinate and work with site contacts (local and international) of different business units to develop the engineering design to support the business projects/initiatives and operational requirements/performance.
- Providing Incident troubleshooting on network, security, voice technology related issues (Severity 1-3) as assigned on any shift within a 24x7 shift period. Will also be responsible for Problem Management coordination by interacting and collaborating with network engineers, network vendors, business communities and other technology support personnel to help solve enterprise level data networking problems.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network engineers on network optimization.
- Managing team’s service and infrastructure requests (ISRs/IPRs) on daily basis. Ensuring completion and proper adherence to our standards and practices.
- Preparing, maintaining and creating of network documentation (diagram, process, standard operating procedures) and administration of network systems.
- Analyzing system and/or network performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize resources. Monitor resource usage and make adjustments as needed.
- Participating in on-call Tier 2 production support activities based upon documented support procedures. Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages under the guidance of Sr. Engineers or Architects.
- Planning and estimating accurately the overall activities within the domain for individual tasks to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan under the direction of the manager or consultant.
- Participating as a team member on network and security development enterprise projects.
Pro-actively seeks out on the job training or educational opportunities from senior resources to increase both technical and professional skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of global network engineering - experience and 3+ year’s experience in; routing and switching, wireless (Aruba), WAN acceleration (Cisco WAAS), firewall (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto), VPN (Global Protect, 2FA-RSA, DUO), Solar Winds, network protocols and topologies; network security and overall system integration.
- Highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems. Able to communicate complex concepts, problems and solutions clearly and effectively.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task various initiatives and activities.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve complex network problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate, interact and pro-actively engage in understanding issues in an effort to resolve technical infrastructure problems with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at any level.
- Requires good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- CCNA or CCNP certification a plus.