Develop, integrate, maintain and support instrumentation software packges for flow cytometers. The software is mainly used for instrument control, real-time data acquisition, data display, real-time statistical data analysis, post-acquisition statistical data analysis and user data management. The software packages are desktop applications on Windows system. The user interface of the software is quite complex and highly interactive with the user. The front-end user interface is developed with WPF and the backend is developed with .Net/C#. The database is SQL Server with Microsoft's latest Entity Framework technology.
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining both frontend UI and backend instrument control software components.
- Integrate software with firmware/hardware subsystems.
- Trouble shoot issues for system integration and system testing and verifications.
- Need to collaborate with an oversea software development team on daily basis to identify and feedback for improvements.
- Bachelors/Master's degree on Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred Master's/Ph.D degree on bioinformatics or Engineering/Scientific simulation/computations is desired.
- Extensive .Net/C# desktop application development experience, preferably gained on complex user interface desktop applications.
- In depth knowledge and experience of using Object Oriented Design concepts.
- Proficient in WPF and C#.
- Experience in developing new software components and supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by others.
- Advanced knowledge/experience on bioinformatics algorithms or Engineering/Scientific simulation/computational algorithms is a plus.
Advanced knowledge/experience on real time multithreaded communication between software and instrument is also a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)