Gryphon Strategies, a private investigations and data analytics consultancy firm is hiring an experienced, driven, and forward-thinking Full Stack Developer with a keen attention to detail and unrivaled creativity. The position adheres to a temporary six-month contract.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a central role in the creation of a groundbreaking web application. You will play a key role in designing the web application to ensure these platforms seamlessly integrate multiple public and confidential data streams, maintain high-end user functionality, meet or exceed law enforcement’s demands, as well as retaining a sleek feel and ease of use central to the purpose of the application.
As part of our team, you will be aiding other staff members with each phase of their mission of delivering a useful and responsive experience for end users. In this role you will be:
- Helping staff with designing and building secure web applications using both front-end and back-end tools.
- Working closely with UI/UX designers, other developers and other staff to enhance website functionality and handle complex content management tasks.
- Collaborating with other developers to improve usability, conversion, and other primary Key Performance Indicators.
- Developing landing pages, web forms, and perform integration between front end pages and systems with existing Customer Relationship Management.
- Effectively troubleshooting server/hosting issues, responsivity issues, and other similar problems.
- Effectively communicating research needs and results to optimize team understanding and work flow.
- Writing efficient and well-documented code that follows proper coding conventions and best development practices.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- At least 2 years of developer experience, preferably with consultancy services, non-profits or law enforcement.
- Proficiency with npm, bower, gulp and other front-end oriented package managers.
- Proficiency in web frameworks (e.g., Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, or Pyramid).
- Experience with Source Code Management (e.g., Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Linux systems(bash), and TDD or basic unit-testing
- Experience with nonprofit CRM solutions such as ActionKit and Everyaction
- Ability to balance quick turnaround with long-term quality.
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the capacity to combine creativity with functionality.
- Ability to work effectively as both an individual and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Upstanding moral character and a passion for justice.
Gryphon Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity. Per Article 7, Section 72 of the New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services Private Investigators Licensing Law, every Gryphon Strategies employee must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.
Job Type: Temporary