In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Installing mechanical system piping, small HVAC systems, sheet metal duct, pipe, fixtures and insulation.
- Working in 'old work' existing plumbing and active office spaces
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and performing pipe and ductwork layout.
- Reading and understanding construction specifications, product installation instructions and performing them in kind.
- Working in and around occupied offices while treating all persons with courtesy and respect.
- Working with limited supervision while keeping supervisor informed of concerns and material needs.
- Working with electrical hand and power tools, including (but not limited to) drills, ban saws, hammer drills.
- Communicating with other trades to ensure coordination and quality of the finished product.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- 5-7 yrs. experience as a journeyman plumber or pipefitter in the Commercial / Institutional construction industry.
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings. Perform pipe and ductwork layout.
- Must be able to read and understand construction specifications and product installation instructions.
- Strong quality focused individual with safe work skills and background training.
- Ability to communicate with other trades for coordination and quality of the finished product. (English language is a must)
- Fundamental knowledge in installing mechanical system piping.
- Fundamental knowledge in installing small HVAC systems.
- Fundamental knowledge installing sheet metal duct.
- Experience installing plumbing pipe and fixtures.
Experience installing pipe and or duct insulation.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in and around occupied offices, treating all persons with courtesy and respect.
- Ability to keep supervision informed of concerns and material needs.
- Consistent work habits such as reporting to work every day and on time.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$44.33 - $77.60
This position requires a Fit for Duty exam as part of the job requirements. Successful completion of this exam(s) will be required post offer acceptance, prior to you being able to continue in the hiring process and onboarding.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!