2019 IT Summer Internship - Client Solutions - Chicago, IL - INF001208
Looking for an internship this summer? Soon, you’ll be looking for a career that challenges you and allows you to put what you’ve learned into action. U.S. Cellular can serve as an exceptional place for learning, doing impactful work and launching your career. And our internship program provides comprehensive platforms to gain real-life experience, better preparing you for your career in Information Systems.
Instruction and Responsibility Highlights
- Learn how to work with a 3rd level client support team and gain experience supporting the backend systems of an Enterprise that deliver tools and security to the end user community.
- Learn how to analyze and create necessary solutions and/or reports to help support internal client desktops, laptops, Citrix and virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Learn how to provide support for key areas in our Information Systems group in order to deliver on execution.
- Learn how to apply company policies and procedures and apply existing knowledge to resolve routine issues.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with some client related systems such as Microsoft Windows 10, MS Server 2016, Citrix, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Microsoft Exchange, and Office365
- Interest in learning how to manage client related systems in a secure enterprise environment
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to participate and work well in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous internships or knowledge in telecom/wireless industry, software development, and relevant computer networks/protocols is highly preferred
- Preference will be given to students with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.