Marietta Wrecker is a family-owned and operated business that is growing rapidly. We are looking for someone to join our team and grow with us!
Job Summary: To solve our customers' vehicle's mechanical problems. Perform basic diagnostic procedures and repairs.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
- Use critical thinking to solve problems
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in diesel mechanics
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications preferred
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
- A valid Georgia driver’s license is required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required.
- Neat and clean at all times.
- For men, hair must be cut above the ear. No long hair allowed.
- For men, mustaches or beards need to be trimmed neatly.
- No earrings are allowed.
- No facial piercing is allowed.
- No tattoos that show unless they are on your arm and not obscene.
- No jeans are allowed.
- Must adhere to uniform dress code at ALL times.
- Shirt to be tucked in at all times.
- Must be able to do the following:
- Stand, Walk, Lift, Carry, Push, Pull, Climb, Balance and Stoop
- Ability to handle the exposure to weather including: extreme temperatures, rain, snow, sleet or ice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
*Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in hours is required
depending on work load. Over time is not often required but in some cases necessary. The employee must work 40 hours each
week to maintain full-time status.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two to three years’ previous experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- diesel mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly