Under minimal instruction from management team in Business Development, Programs, Contracts Administration, or Engineering, provide word processing support to create, update, and maintain company documents such as proposals, processes, policies, forms, manuals, and other documentation from existing content, or content provided by management or subject matter experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Types, compiles, changes, combines, edits, prints, and stores documents, such as proposal content, processes, correspondence, reports, records, forms, etc.
Obtains document text, tables, or figures from management or contributing subject matter experts via oral, E-mail, rough draft, corrected copy, or previous versions .
Determines format, editing, and content configuration from RFP instructions, management or subject matter experts; prepares documents to meet requirements.
Proofreads and edits documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format and corrects errors as necessary.
Ensures documents are maintained in appropriate record keeping structure manually and electronically for access by authorized personnel.
Acts as receptionist for front office to provide access and escort to visitors. Coordinates with other office personnel for assistance with receptionist duties as required.
Uses computer equipment such as PC or laptop, copiers, fax machine, stamp machine, etc. and software applications such as Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint products for word
processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics development and maintenance.
Must be able to work within short timelines and have flexibility to work extended hours as required with sufficient notification.
Must be adept in reading, Internet use, communications, basic or business math and demonstrate problem solving skills in administrative procedures, word processing, and other office software applications.
Education / Experience:
High school diploma, or GED equivalent plus 7 years direct related experience or Associates degree in related discipline plus 4 years direct related experience in office administration, word processing, or technical support function. Positions previously or currently held as administrative assistant, technical assistant, specialist or clerk, or other similar broad administrative role within industry such as government contracting (services or manufacturing), high tech, or engineering desired. May be required to obtain a personnel security clearance at “Secret” level. U.S. citizenship required.
Intermediate Level: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office products including word processing (MS Word advanced level), spreadsheet, and
presentation software, use the Internet, and use database software at intermediate level of proficiency to create and maintain more complex documents and data entries. May also work
with databases to enter data for reporting through standard or ad hoc reports such as PayChex, Human Resources, Deltek, or other operations software applications. Must be able to audit,
maintain, and create reports through intuitive report writing tools.
Physical Demands (Summary):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Walking / Stooping: Generally, required intermittently throughout the work day within office setting.
2. Lifting / Bending: Generally, required to lift up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis during the work day within office setting.
3. Vision (Close / Distance / Peripheral): Generally, required to work with close/peripheral vision on a regular basis. Distance vision required periodically. Ability to adjust focus.
4. Manual Dexterity: Able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; use computer, office equipment/supplies, or small tools.
5. Hearing: Generally, ability to hear oral instructions/presentations, or equipment operations. Noise level exposure is low.
6. Travel (Auto / Plane / etc.): Travel local or out of the area to conduct business/training, or conferences as required via most efficient mode of transportation as authorized.