Active DoD Secret Clearance required
Serry Systems is seeking highly motivated individuals with strong vulnerability scanning and analysis experience. Candidate will perform vulnerability scanning utilizing tools such as ACAS/Nessus, SCAP and other tools as required and provide IAVM and security compliance reporting.
Candidate will work closely with team members to define security best practices, perform manual STIG reviews, support the identification, interpretation, and remediation of vulnerabilities across a variety of applications, operating systems, and platforms. Previous experience deploying and maintaining McAfee EPO (HBSS/ESS) as well as Graylog management is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops security procedures and methods to ensure the safety of information systems.
- Engineers, implements and monitors security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information utilizing but not limited to DISA STIG. Documents and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assists in security engineering of web, database, system and network architecture.
- Defines, maintains, and enforces application security best practices. Identifies opportunities for process improvements and leads efforts implement.
- Conducts network vulnerability scanning utilizing Nessus/ACAS as needed and report on IAVM, Pentagon SAR, ARCYBER OPORD and TASKORDS.
- Writes comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Identifies additional application security related tools, conducts tool analysis, and provides recommendations on what tools will enhance security protocols.
- Interpret and apply Federal and DoD laws and regulations including but not limited to DoD directives, NIST and AR publications.
- Assist in creation of system security policies & documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
TCNA, Security +, CAP, CASP, CISSP
Relevant Work Experience:
5-10 years of experience as a systems engineer, cyber security engineer, network and systems administrator.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Must have experience developing Nessus/ACAS scan policies, reading and developing vulnerability reports.
- Experience deploying Security Center and Nessus/ACAS scanner.
- An Understanding of FEDRAMP and system cloud migration requirements.
- Understand encryption, hashing, secure random number generation, key derivation, digital signatures, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network based, system level and application layer attacks and mitigation methods, and TCP/IP, HTTP/S, and related protocols.
- Experience reviewing audit logs utilizing Graylog
- Have working experience and knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system.
- Experience utilizing HBSS MacAfee ePolicy Orchestrator