- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Pool Operator
The Piedmont Community Pool is looking for experienced lifeguards for the position of Head Lifeguard.
We are a year-round facility operating three pools with seasonal and year-round programs.
Head Lifeguard supervise the use of swimming pools, lifeguards, swim Instructors and the aquatic facility; enforce rules of safety; look out for accidents and perform rescues of persons in distress; and assist with the operations of the aquatics facility within the Recreation Department. Head Lifeguards also, plan, coordinate and support of the swim lesson program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists the Pool Manager/ Program Coordinator with daily operations of the facility and programming.
- Supervision of the year round swim school program and develop program materials.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of all staff training events.
- Assists with staff scheduling and time sheets preparation.
- Oversees and monitors the performance of Lifeguards and Swim Instructor duties and functions.
- Monitors and maintains all pool filtration equipment.
- Maintains swimming pools and surrounding area to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of the Piedmont Community Pool.
- May handle hazardous materials (chlorine, muriatic acid, etc.)
- Assist in curriculum planning and any pre-registration program to assess participants’ ability levels.
- Provide safe and enjoyable program activities to participants; communicate progress and assessments to participants and or/ parents.
- Patrol, observe and monitor the swimming pools and aquatic facility to ensure safety and prevent accidents.
- Keep a look-out for accidents in the water, on the diving board, or on the swimming pool deck.
- Enter water to rescue and/or assist persons in distress; administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation, oxygen administration, and first aid, as needed.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Warn facility users of water hazards or dangerous activities and enforce aquatics safety rules.
- Prepare facility for regular operation, lap swim, facility rentals and daily operations; perform facility clean-up during special events and after closing the facility.
- Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Assist with various aquatics competitions and events throughout the year.
- Assist with desk reception, telephone support and related customer service activities. Accept registrations, collects fees and processes receipts. Enters and retrieves registration data on computer.
- Provide customer service and general information to the public, in person and over the telephone.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Three years of experience as a lifeguard - desirable
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) - desirable
- Combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) are highly desirable.
All staff members are invited to take advantage of a free membership and swim for free.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED (Required)
- Certified Pool Operator (Preferred)
- Water Safety Instructor (Preferred)