Rittenhouse Management Corporation (RMC) manages quality high rise apartment buildings and brownstones in the Rittenhouse Square area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Rittenhouse Management Corporation (RMC) is currently hiring for an experienced Property Manager.The Property Manager will have full responsibility for all aspects of property management and operations for the four properties (125 units) under RMC’s management. This position will report directly to RMC’s CEO, who will provide strategic guidance and oversight.
Responsibilities of the job will be phased in over a period of up to one year during a transition period. No specific timeline has been established for the transition. During that period the Property Manager will learn from the current Property Manager and Leasing Agent and will be responsible for establishing a phased handover of responsibilities. Outside consultants will be available to assist in the areas of legal, construction, capital improvements, finance and budgeting. The Property Manager position is a full-time position, with on-call responsibilities that may extend well beyond a traditional workday
The specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Leasing Operations and Building Management
- Maintain primary responsibility for all aspects of RMC’s profit and loss as a company.
- Develop a full year budget for operations and capital improvements for approval by the CEO; work with bookkeeping and accounting staff to track progress against the operational budget on a monthly basis, and prepare a report for the CEO.
- Oversee all building operations.
- Manage all leasing operations including processing of lease applications and tracking and collecting rent.
- Ensure that work orders are processed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that protocols for periodic maintenance and inspections are in place and that required maintenance/inspections are taking place, as required.
- Establish and implement standards for the doormen in order to provide the highest possible tenant satisfaction.
- Handle all off-hours emergency calls; determine the appropriate response to the situation and coordinate any staff/third-party response that may be required.
- Manage the operations staff on a daily basis to ensure that their work is coordinated and aligned with the organization’s priorities.
- Work with the building engineer to oversee the use of third-party professionals to address building maintenance needs; monitor costs and quality and evaluate the need for outside professionals vs. in-house staff.
- Track tenant satisfaction and address concerns as needed; be the “face” of the company to tenants
- Work with the bookkeeper to ensure the processing of payroll, reconciling of accounts, the payment/recording of all expenses, and the processing of rent payments.
- Oversee the implementation of an integrated software platform (Yardi) that allows for the processing and tracking of all financial, operational and capital projects information.
- Oversee the leasing agent in all aspects of the marketing and leasing of RMC’s units.
- Review proposed lease rates, set targets and monitor progress through the leasing season.
- Track lease end dates and solicit tenants for renewals.
- Stay current on all aspects of building design, operation and pricing at competitor units.
- Oversee a staff of ten by providing guidance, professional development, compensation evaluation and performance reviews for the following positions: Leasing Agent; Housekeeper; Bookkeeper (part-time); Doormen (4); Building Engineer (2); Painter
- Oversee the implementation of the capital improvement plan.
- Management of building renovation projects for all properties.
- Work with RMC’s CEO to develop a proposed five-year capital budget; oversee the implementation of those projects.
- Bid and negotiate contracts for capital projects.
- Track progress, deadlines and quality.
- Assist in value-engineering where necessary to stay within the capital budget.
- Track the capital budget on an annual basis; for elective capital projects, evaluate project
- ROI against projections.
- Work with team to grow the existing RMC portfolio.
Branding and Design
- Work with RMC’s CEO to develop a brand identity for each building; ensure that building operations, design and capital improvements are explicitly linked to this brand.
- Develop design concepts for common areas and for standard unit upgrades that reflect the brand.
- Develop a mission and vision statement for the organization; work to establish a sense of pride, ownership and collaboration among the entire RMC team.
Transition Plan and Timing
The RMC Property Manager will transition into this position gradually assume responsibilities during a period of transition. During that period the Property Manager will learn from the current Property Manager and Leasing Agent and will gradually take on responsibilities as circumstances allow. No timeline has been established for this transition, and the Property Manager should be prepared to work as part of a management team for the foreseeable future. Additionally, outside consultants will be available to assist in the areas of legal, construction, capital improvements, finance and budgeting.
Education & Training
- Education or experience in Real Estate Property Management, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive property management experience.
- Experience desired in budget preparations and monthly reports preparation.
- Multi-site experience is a plus.
- Experience supervising staff, including Leasing and Maintenance personnel
- Experience preparing and managing budgets and reporting to owners and investors.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the Internet for marketing and product advertising, and proficiency in navigating websites and Internet communication tools, such as email, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of apartment revenue management concepts and solutions
- Exceptional written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Superior and persuasive communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent judgment and initiative; enthusiastic and entrepreneurial.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and web applications.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar program
- Expert multitasking skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly changing technology.
- Active listener, with an ability to synthesize information and translate into strategy or action plans.
- Understanding of maintenance operations of older apartment building that have been maintained.
- Understanding of landlord tenant law to include Fair Housing Laws.
- Outstanding ability to thrive under pressure and effectively manage multiple responsibilities.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements using the Apply Now button below.
Due to the large interest in working with RMC, we will not take phone calls or personally respond to emails.
Rittenhouse Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RMC is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. RMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)