The Employer and the Employee desire to make and enter an agreement whereby the Director will be part of an exceptional management team. The Employee is entrusted with the coordination and promotion the club’s dining facilities for private banquets, business and social meetings, and other member-related activities. Develops contracts for and oversees all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and serving events. Works with banquet staff and other departments to assure that the guest’s expectations are exceeded. Interacts closely with Clubhouse Manager to ensure that financial goals (sales and costs) are attained for each event. The Employee may assists with club event preparation, including décor, the design and production of the club’s newsletter, including updates of the club’s websites, as well as any and all internal and external communications, electronically or in print as needed.
REPORTING STATUS: Reports to the Clubhouse Manager
The scope of the below mentioned responsibilities only outline a fraction of the job duties
required and are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
As an active member of the extended Club Management Team, this position works hand in hand with all management departments of the Club as well as with McConnell Golf’s Communications & PR Team.
This position provides direct assistance to the Club Manager.
CATERING OPERATIONS PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Implements aggressive on-going sales campaign to alert members and clients to the club’s banquet operations and capabilities
- Continually explores and contacts potential new sales sources as permitted by club’s by-laws
- Compiles and manages various sales and other reports detailing the operation of the catering department
- Helps clients plan special events including menus, entertainment, theme, decorations and other aspects
- Represents client’s needs and interests on events
- Coordinates and assists with the set-up and “execution” of assigned banquet events.
- Understands that most events take place evenings and weekends, that these hours along with holidays, are a standard for the success of the banquet and catering department, and willingly take initiative for active involvement at such events
- Provides guest tours and offers suggestions in efforts to sell the merits of the club’s facilities for the occasion being planned
- Assists the Clubhouse Manager in developing, implementing and monitoring budget and annual sales for the catering department; takes corrective action if necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Assists the Clubhouse Manager with special projects as assigned
- Assists Chef and Director of Food & Beverage with developing menus, determining market pricing and providing such as proposals to clients
- Attends weekly Senior Staff Meetings and leads weekly Food & Beverage Department meetings with detailed discussion on Banquet Event Orders on upcoming events.
- Maintains current and accurate member files for all events, processes all bookings and details: ensures client details are followed
- Promotes the club social event facilities to all members
- Organize and coordinate all materials and set up for Bridal/Event Shows
- Ensures all events are executed to meet Club standard of excellence
- Is present at the following membership functions: Easter Egg Hunt, Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day Buffet, Santa Brunch, New Year’s Eve, REX Hospital Open and assists with seating and other Maitre d’ duties.
- Is present for a rotation between summer holidays including Memorial Day, The Fourth of July and Labor Day and assists with seating and other Maitre d’ duties.
- Includes a personal article in the Club Newsletter to promote club usage and advertise booking specials.
- Helps maintain the fitness facility along with hiring all fitness staff
- Promotes and works closely with the fitness staff to provide a well-rounded training program for members
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; preferably with an emphasis in Hospitality, plus a minimum of three years leadership experience as a Manager or Director in a Catering or Hospitality field
- Strong knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry and will keep abreast of the current industry trends through courses, periodicals
EMPLOYMENT MINIMUM STANDARDS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS:
- Excellent Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative solutions; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates presentation skills; participates in meetings; effectively presents information; responds to questions from other managers, members, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Exemplary Written Communication-Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; edits work for spelling and grammar; proficient with technology tools
- Good Organization and Planning– Prioritizes and plans daily and weekly work activities; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes and schedules staff and assigns their tasks; develops realistic action plans and has good time management skills
- Must possess proficiency with a personal computer (PC) and demonstrated skills in accounting application and standard software programs
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ view; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Displays a friendly, outgoing and polite personality; exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives appropriate recognition to others; has a strong sense of service; is punctual, dependable and trustworthy
- Includes staff in planning, decision making, facilitation and process improvement; makes himself/herself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback, develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies member and guest feedback; fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; continuously works to improve skills
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; takes independent action and calculated risks; asks for and offers help; seeking advancement within the club industry and actively pursues management courses
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Excellent time management skills, ability to adapt and be flexible, creative thinker and is an energetic self-starter
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages and cost of goods
- Ability to analyze and work within an approved budget numbers
- Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
REASONING AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; is flexible; able to deal with possible or frequent changes, delays with unexpected events
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason and logic even when dealing with emotional topics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: