What we offer:
Be part of history. Join our team.
Are you a young professional wondering how to get cutting edge, high – level sales training that advances your career? Let Ryerson invest in YOU!
Ryerson, a leader in metal distribution and processing for over 175 years, offers a unique and fully immersive 12-month sales training program based in Minneapolis, MN. This program is broken into two parts: the Ryerson Training Academy and the Ryerson Sales Academy and is designed to introduce and solidify knowledge related to all facets of the metals industry that will set you up for a fast - tracked career with Ryerson.
Ryerson Training Academy (months 1 to 6). You will:
· Learn what it takes to be successful in sales and the metals industry
· Receive hands on system and product training that will provide you the tools to succeed
· Meet and network with our senior leadership and executives
· Learn the importance of a team environment by collaborating with cross – functional departments within Ryerson
· Gain experience by working alongside experienced peers
Ryerson Sales Academy (months 7 to 12). You will:
· Be mentored by some of the best in the business at Ryerson
· Apply your skills and gain direct exposure to the ins and outs of account management
· Hone your interpersonal skills and build lasting professional relationships with your customers
· Visit Ryerson and customer locations
Upon completion of the Ryerson Sales Academy, you will be relocated as an Inside Sales Representatives to one of Ryerson’s sales offices located throughout the United States.
What you will do as an Inside Sales Representative:
· Generate sales leads through proactive communication and marketing efforts
· Be primary point of contact for your customers by developing trusting, professional relationships
· Process and respond to customer requests (i.e. quotations and order entry)
· Work closely with territory managers and local sales management
· Make a direct impact on business goals
What you bring:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Relocation is required upon graduation from training program
· Prior customer service or sales experience is a plus
· A strong desire to learn from your training; a coach-able personality with a team player mindset
· A positive attitude and strong drive for success
· Ability to adapt quickly within a fast-paced environment
· You like challenges and are sensitive to customer service
· You can manage prioritizes and multi-task
· You are a people person and can build relationships with customers
· You are proactive, autonomous and organized
What we do:
For over 175 years, Ryerson has been enabling progress, innovation, and profitability for industrial markets around the world. We're one of the largest metal distributors in the industry. We offer an extensive product portfolio, state-of-the-art fabrication and processing capabilities, and a network of service centers throughout North America and beyond. Our customers can count on us to get the metals they need, when they need them, at a competitive price.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time