With Dr. Maria Montessori’s research-based philosophy and curriculum as our foundation, we provide toddlers to adolescents an authentic, individualized learning experience that cultivates an unparalleled depth of knowledge. The Elementary Assistant Teacher has the unique opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals to elevate this well-established, highly loved and respected school to heights that ensure both its longevity and continued wide-spread impact. Gladwyne Montessori is the education of the future… Here. Now.
This is a 10-month, full time position that boasts comprehensive benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
The Lower Elementary Assistant Teacher:
- Serves to assist the lead teacher
- Regularly completes student observations and online record keeping for each child
- Works with the head teacher to ensure that the peaceful, prepared environment is conducive to high-level, developmentally appropriate learning that supports the executive function skills of each child
- Attends and participates in parent meetings
- Works with other members of the Elementary Department and Senior Leadership to ensure continuity of curriculum and communication
- Engages children in peaceful, effective positive behavior support.
- Reads and abides by the policies and procedures of Gladwyne Montessori School.
- Assists in duties beyond the classroom as requested by Head of School.
- Must be able to:
o lift up to 35 pounds
o sit comfortably on the floor with children
o bend, squat, kneel with ease
o Move and organize classroom tables and chairs, move about the building as needed
- PA State Teaching Certificate Required with a willingness to commence Montessori teacher training in the summer of 2019. (Once Montessori credential is obtained, this candidate will be promoted to co-teacher.)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working with children in grades 1-3.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related discipline
- Must have knowledge of minimum standards, health and safety practices, social and emotional development and classroom management
- Must be reliable, flexible, positive, patient, warm and enthusiastic about working as part of a team of adults and engaging with families
- Must pass all required clearances
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, 3 letters of reference and an educational philosophy statement to:
Carrie Kries, Head of School
Job Type: Full-time