Vestmark, a privately held SaaS provider delivering Financial Technology solutions, is seeking a highly qualified Corporate Counsel that will perform and manage all legal aspects of the company. This will include, but not be limited to, working on commercial contract negotiations, license agreements, real estate leases, litigation matters, employment law, management of Intellectual Property, debt instruments, mergers & acquisitions, partnership, IPOs, SEC reporting and other special projects. Experience or the ability to quickly come up to speed and excel in matters specific to the financial technology industry including government, regulatory and security compliance.
This is a newly created position based on growth and will report to the Company's Chief Financial Officer in Wakefield, MA. Qualified candidates must have the ability to manage internal staff, outside legal counsel and departmental budget.
- Working closely with Corporate functions and actively assisting the company in achieving business objectives while maintaining legal and regulatory compliance
- Tasks will be varied, and may include intellectual property, drafting documents, IPO preparation, M&A execution and developing policies and processes that will scale as the company grows.
- Ownership of the Deal Desk
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements in support of vendor and sales transactions
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Work with business executives on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise
- Assist in the completion of RFP/RFI and client security questionnaire response process.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently.
- Monitor the legal environment and trends concerning contracts areas
- As appropriate, standardize, train and guide business teams on the use of contract templates, relevant legal issues, and good contracting practices
- Provide management team with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, company structure, board governance and management of corporate entities.
- Exercises meticulous attention to detail and an organized approach to quickly identifying the problem to be solved, and then solving it.
- Creative, flexible and experienced commercial attorney with business-oriented outlook
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues
- Experience in SaaS business model
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions
- Tactful with strong external negotiation skills
- Minimum of five years' experience working with contracts, including technology-related contracts.
- Accredited law degree and a current license
- Teamwork – We before me-- Puts needs of team first and aspires to bring out the best in others; collaborative, empathetic and humble; values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participates effectively as member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Knowledge Explorer – Creative problem solver and adapts to challenges at hand using creative collaboration; curious, proactive and resourceful; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions
- Positive Energy – Ability to address difficult situations with humor and sense of opportunity; approachable, constructive and engaged