Full-Time Live-in Adult Personal Assistant
Get paid to make a difference in someone’s life!
Assist a young man on the Autism spectrum (moderate) to participate fully in their life and in their community. You will assist as a live in support specialist, in a fully equipped newly built modern home in a desirable location in Colorado, with daily activities such as shopping, planning appointments, education, social and recreational activities. You will provide assistance with education and leisure activities. Schedule is determined by the individual and family who live nearby.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a proven record of conscientious, responsible behavior, a history of working with special needs individuals, and have a desire to provide support to a special needs adult as they work toward achieving their personal maximum degree of independence. Candidates will also demonstrate the ability to maintain a household to high standards of cleanliness and serviceability.
We offer a competitive wage, with many additional benefits. The successful candidate will be one who is seeking to be in a long term commitment and an extension of a loving support network while enjoying the social opportunities and environment of the Roaring Fork Valley.
- College Education in a related health field
- Prior Experience/working knowledge of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Valid Driver’s License, safe driving record and reliable transportation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to complete free and mandatory paid training such as First Aid, CPR, and ASD education
- Suitable for an individual or couple
- Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- License required: Driver's
- Expense Account
- Private room
- Paid Leave
Hours per week:
- 40+ hours per week (Salaried)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $3,500.00 per month
- Autism: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carbondale, CO (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible