- Cisco Routers
This position will be part of a team of network engineers operating in a converged IP environment who are responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization, and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/VTC/VoIP & Telco infrastructure. The incumbent is expected to work with the senior network engineers on various technical projects including but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations & relocations as well as routine network related operational responsibilities.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments.
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer network infrastructure, with a focus on assuring network stability, capacity and organizational productivity. The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to the client as well as customer network and systems infrastructure.
- Works closely with the network-engineering director to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze network performance metrics, establish and enforce network service level agreements.
- Document engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of network architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to Information Technology managers and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills. Solid vendor management skills (circuit installation & troubleshooting, product/circuit procurement) are required.
- This position is part of the after-hours on-call rotation and will require occasional after- hours, weekend and holiday work. Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently as a project lead, part of the team or individual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 12-15 years of hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data networks in a geographically distributed environment.
- CCNA, CCNP certifications are highly desired.
- Strong experience with a broad range of Cisco & Nexus products, including, but not limited to, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, CUCM, Unity Connection, ISE, IPCC, and Cisco phones.
- Solid understanding of internetworking routing protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, MPLS, VPLS, DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, NHRP).
- Strong data center experience and experience with Cisco routers (Cisco ISR, ASR series) & switches including but not limited to 35xx, 37xx, 38xx, 45xx, 65xx, Nexus 9xxx, 7xxx, 6xxx, 5xxx, 2xxx & 1xxx series.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, including Syslog, SNMP, NetBrain, Whatsup Gold, Solar winds, Scrutinizer etc.
- Significant experience with load balancing technologies such as Coyote Point, F5 LTM and Big IP is a must.
- Experience with wireless networks.
- Strong experience with WAN optimization technologies including Cisco and Riverbed.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to “think outside the box”
- Experience developing and implementing QoS in a converged voice/video/data network.
- Experience with NAC/NAP technologies such as Microsoft or Cisco ISE is a plus.
- Experience in installing, configuring and optimizing VOIP systems is highly desired.
- Significant experience with network security concepts, best practices, and technologies including, but not limited, to SSH, IPSec, RADIUS, TACACS, firewall policies, and 802.1x.
- Significant experience with site-to-site VPN technologies is a must.
- Experience with client to site VPN technologies as well as Extreme, Juniper, Palo Alto & TMG firewalls is desired.
- Understanding of Microsoft Back-Office technologies, including, but not limited to Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, and other components.
If you are interested, please contact Peyton Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 545-7797.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178