Join a pioneer in Mobile Ticketing Technologies! Bytemark is seeking a dynamic Product Designer to join a fast growing team at our NYC Headquarters!
Our Product Designers help create, grow and evolve our rider- and client-facing mobile + desktop products. You will work closely with Product & Account Managers, Project Managers, Architects and the Development Teams to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
Experience putting intuitive interfaces in the hands of users is an absolute must. Preference will be given to people who can show us a combination of strategic, conceptual and design excellence in their previous work.
This position is full-time and based in New York, NY.
- Change conceptual ideas into something that betters the lives of our users whether it be an app, website or other creative deliverable
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Rapidly create concepts, wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes, be able to rationalize your decisions and concisely explain them to others
- Work to deepen your understanding of our platform’s capabilities and technical constraints so your work can exist within them
- Deliver polished comps and flows (Fully thought out, pixel-perfect designs and design specifications)
- Deliver assets to other teams
- Help maintain UI style documentation
- Give your input for high-level strategic decisions to the product and executive teams
- Give and get input from other designers on the team to both learn from and support each other and to help increase design excellence across the team
- Partner with PMs, developers to oversee the products until they launch
- Participate in user research and testing when necessary, ensuring usability and product consistency, take the learnings and apply them
- Provide thought leadership and strategic guidance as an advocate for our users
- Present to your coworkers, present to clients, present to CEOs—be ready to speak and write well in a multitude of situations
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of designing apps
- 2+ years of visual, graphic and typography design
- 2+ years of interaction design (fluent from mobile to desktop and in between)
- Portfolio showing best-in-class UX solutions, smart information architecture and excellent visuals/graphic design/color/typography
- 4 year degree in design, human-computer interaction, or relevant field preferred---or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Fluency and understanding of HTML, CSS, iOS, Android, Windows Phone OSs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills with ability to communicate your designs to engineers, PMs, executives and clients.
- Comfortable working outside your comfort zone. As we’re a startup, you may find yourself working in some areas outside of your job description.
- Use an organized design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and teams
- Can manage multiple projects & timelines at once. Do your best to provide accurate estimates of effort to the project management team so expectations can be met both internally and with clients.
- Take in new information constantly. Understand, integrate and use it to make effective decisions. Be curious, be proactive, be thoughtful.
No Agencies or C2C, this is a direct hire position only.
Job Type: Full-time