The Materials Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and oversight
of the daily functions of the Materials Dept. & its hourly work force. This position will
collaborate with the Purchasing Dept., Manufacturing, and external members of the
Supply Chain to deliver accurate and organized material receipt, put away, and retrieval.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with Manufacturing to effectively stock the required material for
- Performs receiving task and plant transfers of material.
- Coordinates and performs physical inventories to include the investigation of
inventory variances; ensuring the completion of daily/weekly cycle accounts and
adjusts inventory records if necessary.
- Manages damaged and defective products, ensuring they are accounted for and
properly dispositioned by scraping, reconditioning, or returning.
- Evaluates and drives advances in our supplier packaging concepts.
- Leads material and supply continuous improvement efforts.
- Manages the cycle count program and year-end inventory activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Performs review of inventory shortages, demand inconsistences and effectively
interfaces with the Purchasing Team and Supply-Chain during times of unplanned
- Manage manpower and work schedules to ensure the area is appropriately staffed
o Vacation planning/coverage
o Time & Attendance
o Associate and management meetings
- Direct daily department workflow
- Administrate KTM cycle-count program
- Apply appropriate disciplines in the shipping & receiving processes
- Ensure the timely and accurate execution of all department material transactions
- Own the process of associate development and feedback
o Develop and deliver appropriate disciplinary action
o Develop and deliver associate performance appraisals
o Develop bench strength through cross-training and flexible work
- Act as direct liaison of the Materials & Purchasing Team to the Manufacturing
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-7 years inventory control experience.
- Minimum 2-year supervisory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
o Power Assist Equipment
o 26-30’ Stake Truck to transport material
- Acceptable driving record that permits obtaining KT insurance coverage
- Understanding of material supply methods (Kanban, MSR, picklist)
- Understanding of receiving methods to include transaction processing and
- Inventory Systems experience; must have experience using ERP systems
- Understanding cycle counting methods and record reconciliation processes.
- APICS certified, or active member working towards certification
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office & Sytline or relevant software
- Ability to interface with customer to resolve issues and identify areas of
- Highly detailed, organized, self-motivated & independent worker.
Kentucky Trailer offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
Fundamental Irreplaceable Behavior Values:
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- 401K (with a company match)
- 80 Hours of Holiday Pay
- 120 Hours of Accrued Paid PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program, with significant discount off your medical premiums.
Easy to get along with; Treats all people with dignity and respect ;
displays kindness; shows interest in others; gives others appreciation and encouragement;
common courtesy; Always approachable; never rude; Aware of and sensitive to what
other people are feeling; Is at ease with people at all levels; Does not belittle the
opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position; Deals effectively
with a diverse workforce; Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence”; Truly
values and genuinely likes people; Treats others with respect and as important person; Is
unselfish and meets the legitimate needs of others; Serves others.
Ethics and Integrity:
Admits mistakes in spite of the potential for negative consequences;
Presents unpleasant or disagreeable facts in an appropriate manner; Keeps promises;
meets goals and deadlines; Avoids situations and associations that could be considered
inappropriate; Honest in all dealings; Upholds and models organization’s values; Does
what you say you will do; Is forgiving when wronged.
Business Demeanor / Temperament:
Displays a positive attitude and optimism about the
work to be done, the people he or she works with, customers, management, and company
policies; Has a constructive sense of humor; Maintains a calm temperament and pleasant
demeanor; Shows self-control; Doesn’t spread gossip or rumors; Acts as a positive
influence on others; Is courteous, patient, cooperative, and helpful; Is humble, never
boastful or arrogant.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her
work; Acknowledges and corrects mistakes; Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for
errors or problems; Carries his/her fair share of the workload; Does what he/she commits