Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse
White Glove Placement Inc. is glad to inform you about Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered nurse positions available at one of our client facilities in Syracuse, NY.
Details for Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse Position:
- Provide educational opportunities to healthcare facilities in an assigned region that enhance understanding of HAI reporting requirements including: National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) definitions and surveillance methods, data entry, data analysis, and publicly reported infection rates;
- Monitor the timeliness and completeness of healthcare facility reporting;
- Conduct healthcare facility audits (chart reviews) to evaluate the accuracy of reporting and provide recommendations to improve the accuracy of data reported as needed. Audits may be performed either on-site or through off-site access to electronic medical records (EMR) where available. (Approximately twenty-five (25) healthcare facilities should be audited per region per year, requiring one (1) to four (4) days of medical record review per healthcare facility based on facility size. Travel costs will vary based on the availability of EMRs, auditor preference, and the needs of the facilities.)
- Monitor trends in HAI rates at healthcare facilities in the region and assist facilities with reducing repeatedly high or unusually low rates and serve as a resource to facilities on best practices for quality improvement and patient safety. When indicated, conduct joint investigations and assist with Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management (OPCHSM) program and/or others on infection related issues;
- Collaborate and support clinical and epidemiologic surveillance projects, studies, and investigations;
- Establish partnerships with local/regional Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) chapters and hospital associations;
- Monitor the implementation and evaluate effectiveness of recommendations;
- Analyze data and write reports;
- Attend NYS DOH meetings and conference calls at weekly or other intervals as scheduled by the NYS DOH;
- As needed, coordinate and support planning activities related to emerging infectious diseases (e.g. Ebola virus disease, enterovirus D68, MERS, legionella and Zika virus);
- Develop guidelines, educational tools, evaluation tools, etc. under the direction of the NYS DOH;
- Provide training and education using various modalities (presentations, webinars, lectures, etc.) and in various professional settings
Requirements for Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse
- A current NYS licensed and registered nurse with Certification in Infection Control (CIC) and a minimum of two (2) years CIC experience; OR a current NYS licensed and registered nurse with a minimum of three (3) years of infection control or communicable disease experience
Benefits for Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse
- Great Salary
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- 1 week paid vacation after full year of work
- 4 Sick Days
- 2k towards Training
- $.50 per mile reimbursed up to $50.00 weekly.
- Exciting perk for Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse: you’ll also get to enjoy complimentary perk that gives you access to 20 – 60% off on movies, hotels, shows, concerts, sporting events and more! Exclusively for White Glove employees… ask us more!
Apply for this Communicable Disease and Infection Control Surveillance RN Registered Nurse position today!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract