Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the consistent production of a high quality product in a Bread/Bun baking facility while incorporating safety and sanitation standards.
Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
Supervises, trains, and coaches production associates
- Coordinates, maintains and monitors production processes and procedures.
- Provide leadership and coaching to workforce in all aspects, including safety, cost controls, employee relations, sanitation and production.
- Implements Company and plant procedures and policies.
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority
- Understands levels of scrap and rework in area caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause.
- Review and input dough and wrap schedules into quality system to obtain optimum shift productivity.
- Generate reports through quality system to measure daily production to plant goals. Review production conformance reports to ensure associates are adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate schedules with sales and shipping departments and adjust orders accordingly to maintain a constant production flow.
- Drive quality improvement and process waste elimination through functional and shift team leadership.
- Report accurate counts to office staff for tracking labor, waste and damaged product on a daily basis.
- Executes, maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, orders completion and personnel and/or labor related issues.
- Ensure production lines are adequately crewed with qualified associates to complete each scheduled order.
- Drive department compliance with established safety, GMP, and QCP training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies.
- Conduct routine safety and sanitation inspections to promote employee safety and good housekeeping
- Enforces company policy pertaining to good manufacturing practices and safety standards.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in a fresh baked goods, bread or bun facility or in a fresh food process manufacturing environment
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office application.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.