AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane
distributor, serving over 2 million residential,
commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel
propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed
on the New York stock exchange [NYSE:
APU]. For more
information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
During our peak business months of October through
March, AmeriGas and the family of propane companies,
employs additional Customer Relation Representatives to
help us meet the needs of our customers.
Why Choose AmeriGas and the Family of Propane Companies
- Flexible schedule – full or part time as needed
- Competitive wages
- Bonus Plans Available
- 401(k) Company Match
- Paid Holidays in Active Months
- Paid training
- Propane Discount Year Round
The Customer Relations Representative (CRR) acts as the
first point of contact for all AmeriGas customers. The
CRR is responsible for ensuring an extraordinary
customer experience by building and maintaining
relationships with customers and providing prompt and
The CRR will drive customer retention and growth through
accurate posting of daily work through SAP, handling
customer complaints and inquiries, a commitment to
accuracy when reconciling accounts receivables, and
strong organization skills when supporting delivery and
Depending on how many CRR’s are in the office they may
have to perform a select few or all of the duties and
responsibilities listed below. Although not all CRR’s
will be responsible for all the duties listed below, it
is important that all are cross-trained appropriately
for all duties and responsible in their particular
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the first line of customer contact, represents
AmeriGas in a positive way on a daily basis
- Gains new customers by introducing AmeriGas products
and services, recommending strategic price programs, and
scheduling site visits.
- Solves customer service issues with the goal of
customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Answers phone calls and responds to all customer
inquiries including, but not limited to pricing,
billing, documenting complaints and setting up new
orders. Offers solutions to customer complaints that
balance the best interest of the customer and the
- Assists all walk-in customers.
- Actively participates in safety training and meets all
safety training requirements
- Accurately maintains customer data, transactions, and
information in SAP through accurate data entry and
- Responsible for preparing all daily batch activities
including, but not limited to service, bulk and
- Keep track of districts daily receipts and cash on
hand and complete the daily cash count. Prepares the
daily bank deposit.
- Responsible for trips to the bank as well as the post
office on a needed basis.
- Research and reconcile discrepancies in customer
- Maintain house accounting including cash sales,
districts use and tanks on location.
- Maintain and balance petty cash fund, RAP checks and P
card if one is issued for that office.
- Make credit calls to delinquent customers and perform
credit checks on new customers.
- Maintain service work schedule and dispatch delivery
- Assist with routing issues as they arise.
- Maintain daily inventory of storage as well as monthly
- Assist with the budget report as well as the at Risk
- Maintain customer and daily folders.
- Pick up and distribute mail and research returned
- Enter payroll.
- Perform all end of day duties which include forwarding
the phone to ECC, secure cash and print tickets for
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment as
well as order supplies and forms as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office and windows
- Ability to master SAP
- Must have strong organizational skills as well as be
extremely detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work well in a team-oriented
- Must be service-oriented and sales minded.
- Must have a professional telephone manner with the
ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under
high pressure situations.
- Must be resourceful and excel at problem resolution.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general
business correspondence, company policies and procedures
and governmental regulations.
- Ability to multi-task under high-pressure situations.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from employees, managers, customers and the
Education and Experience Required:
- Knowledge in Accounting is a plus.
- High school diploma required
- Two or more years in customer service industry
- Sales experience preferred
- Prior SAP experience is a plus
- Collections experience a plus
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be
able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal
background check. AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug
screen and a criminal background check. EOE: