Tidwell Group is the fastest growing CPA firm in the country per the 2017 INSIDE Public Accounting National Benchmarking Report.
We offer a phenomenal work environment and a wealth of opportunities to help you advance your career. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, a generous benefits package and an enjoyable and rewarding corporate culture.
We have offices in Birmingham, Austin, Atlanta and Columbus, OH. We serve both national and multinational enterprises with an array of audit, tax, valuation, trust, SSAE 16/SOC1 (formerly SAS 70), SOC2 and litigation support and comprehensive consulting services. We are seeking a tax manager for our Birmingham, Al location.
- Provide tax and consulting services to the firm’s clients
- Provide timely, high quality client service that exceeds client expectations
- Develop and manage professional relationships with clients
- Coordinate, organize and schedule engagements to ensure all deadlines are met
- Communicate and engage with clients to ensure their best interests are achieved
- Assume responsibility for routine and non-routine engagements, including planning, technical issues and other decisions
- Research tax issues and solutions
- Demonstrate and acquire professional and subject matter expertise
- Provide timely feedback on each engagement to ensure staff learning and development
- Facilitate in monitoring the quality of our product and the performance of our personnel
- Facilitate and participate in “in-house” CPE, training and team-building activities
- Assist in special projects assigned by Partners
- Supervise all stages of professional work and leverage previous experience whenever possible
- Supervise and act as a mentor for senior associates and experienced Associates
- Develop professionally by promoting the firm, increasing firm profitability, training and developing staff
- Take the initiative to participate, seek and positively influence the outcome
- Motivate others, helping then to understand and visualize professional/personal goals
- Display respect and fairness while managing others
- Provide technical expertise recognized both in and outside the firm
- Evaluate the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment
Team Relationship Expectations:
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients.
- Create an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, inclusion and challenges traditional approaches.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in public accounting with emphasis in taxation
- Strong working knowledge of state and local jurisdictional tax planning, consulting, and compliance work
- Experience with S Corporations and Partnerships
- Ability to perform work on tax/consulting engagements with minimal supervision
- Superior oral/written communication skills as well as computer skills
- Well-developed decision-making skills and initiative to act upon those decisions
- Capability to work calmly and effectively under pressure while prioritizing heavy workloads
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
Tidwell Group is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions without regard to age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status. We maintain the strictest confidentiality with all applicants. Interested candidates, please apply and submit your resume at Please Apply Online at http://tidwellgroup.com/open-positions.php
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: