Licensed Practical Nurse
- Do you organize and prioritize your work?
- Are you a friendly person with a caring attitude?
- Can you solve problems effectively?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The primary responsibilities of your role in your assigned location is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and skilled nursing facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care will always be provided to our residents.
Care Coordination Duties: 85% time
- Coordinate resident care with other departments
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition with employees, physician, resident and family members
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical documents, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
- Complete accident/incident reports
- Evaluate adequate supplies are available including but not limited to pharmaceuticals, resident personal supplies and equipment
- Evaluate that resident abuse does not occur
- Complete rounds to evaluate and assist in development and implementation various types of care needs on each resident including but not limited to; wound care, behavior management, respiratory care, etc
- Provide treatments and care to medically complex residents in collaboration with the physician
- Attend care plan meetings as assigned
- Provide care plan updates as necessary to assure appropriate resident care
- Provide resident care according to physician orders and care plan
- Administer medications and treatments according to physician orders and standard of practice
- Respond to all resident call lights regardless of assignment
- Coordinate with outside agencies including but not limited to; hospitals, hospice, home health, lab, x-ray etc
Teamwork & Supervisory: 15% time
- Assist with training, supervision, reviews and corrective action for nursing personnel
- Make rounds to evaluate quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service
- Make recommendations to the nursing supervisor concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc
- Respond to resident and family grievances and report per policy
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations and company policy
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibit safe work practices
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families and visitors
- Participate in QAPI and other quality improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems including Point Click Care
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices, procedures and standards of care
- Leadership and supervisory skills-willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel
- Patience, tact and a cheerful disposition, enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult people
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: One-year experience in a long-term care environment (preferred)
License: Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in Colorado, CPR Certification
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time