Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Under the immediate direction of supervisor, the Equipment Operator safely operates plant mobile heavy equipment to include haul truck, motor grader, water truck, crane, etc. to bring raw materials from pit to plant in a safe and efficient manner at maximum loading capacity. This position will be based out of Earlham, IA but will travel around the Des Moines, IA area and Nebraska to help other plants with production. This position will require regular travel and overnights.
Overtime pay starts after 40 hours and this crew works 60 hours per week on average.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Must be able to or willing to learn to operate all other mobile equipment, including: haul truck, motor grader, water truck, loader and crane
- Assist in plant repairs and clean-up
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment
- Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations
- Perform duties with minimum supervision
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience is a plus but will train the right candidate
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report
- Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges
- Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lb
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions
- Must be able to work at various heights
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.